2. Lupron sucks. The "no side effects - it's a breeze" that I was spouting off last week has come back to bite me in the ass. Night sweats, night sweats, night sweats.
3. My emotions are already running into the "mild" mood swing category. Here is my conversation with M. last night.
Me: I'm going to get groceries. Is there anything special you want?Sounds like a reasonable request today, but last night I thought he was out of his mind and asking me to walk on water. Thank God he loves me. Please tell me I'm not the only one who goes a little crazy on these meds!!
M: Chocolate-chip cookie dough ice cream.
Me: I mean anything that isn't always on the list.
M: No.
*****************************************************************
Me (calling from the store from nearly the last aisle): They are out of cookie dough in the brand you like. Do you want Heath instead?
M: Yeah. And can you get stuff for that cheesy chicken dip too?
Me (irritated): What do you need for it? I'm almost done. That's why I asked you before I left.
M (fumbling through recipe and refrigerator): Ranch dressing and buffalo wing sauce.
Me (very irritated): That is on the other side of the store. I cleaned the whole house today, did all the laundry, I'm almost done here, and I'm tired. Why didn't you think of this before I left?
M (in his sweetest I know it's the meds talking voice): Just forget it. It's no big deal.
Me (in my not so sweet mood swinging voice): No, I'll get it. I just want to get out of here. **tears** You're going to need something enjoyable because I'm already getting bitchy.
M: I know. I love you.
Me: Smart-ass.
22 comments:
Ouch, your stomach has me hurting! I'm not sure what meds are causing the bruising on your stomach from injecting. But even though the offices say to inject near your midsection, you can technically inject anywhere as long as they are SQ (and the meds are to be given SQ) and not the long IM needles. I used both upper arms, like if you pinch where the fattest part of your upper arm is between elbow and shoulder. Even though I'm a CRNA, I could never bring myself to inject into my abdomen, it hurt too bad and grossed me out. SQ shots can be given anywhere on the butt or thighs also if you prefer. It's only the IM ones that your limited where to inject since they have to be in a muscle and have that honkin long needle. And you're right, the prednisone doesn't help matters either. I'm sorry you look so sore, I hope it gets better soon! I had to laugh at your grocery store story, it sounds like my husband and I last night on the phone. Today we laughed about it, yesterday not so much :-)
I had a few bruises like that as well. I tried to stay in my "pooch" area below my belly button and that seemed to help.
Totally know you mean about the moodiness. I went off on my DH because he wouldn't pick up the dog poop on a walk for me. At the time, seemed like a VERY reasonable request and I got so angry that I dropped the leash and turned around and walked home. The next day, I was like "What the hell was THAT? That was so stupid".
Ah, the hormone haze / craze. I am OUT OF MY MIND while on injectables. Not fun to be around AT ALL.
The cookie dough ice cream sounds heavenly, though. The shots? Not so much. I've run out of places on my stomach. It's just one, big bruise at this point. Grrr.
Firstly, ouch ouch ouch to stomach! But I must say, that's some flat tummy you have!!! Mine is just so gross now..i need to take seriously?'s talk about exercising again...sigh... :(
I laughed *i'm sorry, the conversation was just funny and all too familiar* just reading your conversation with your DH.. :)
Wanna go Rio now?
Oh.... I wish I had some good advice for avoiding the bruises, but I don't :-( ... you've got some sympathy tho - that does not look like fun.
Also, I only had to be on Lupron 8 days in my cycle ... and I was at the end of my rope. So, you must have run out of rope days ago ;-)
But you are getting there - you're getting there! I'm so glad they are using prednisone and other meds ... it makes me feel like a new cocktail will bring success!
Me: Totally jealous of your flat belly. :-)
My guess is the Lupron is causing the bruises. There must be something about using the needle to draw up the meds that dulls it, so inserting it into the skin is more difficult and leads to bruises. I do my Lupron shots once a day on my thigh and my stims twice a day in my pooch. My thigh has two bruises and my pooch only has one (forgot to let the Menopur sit for a few minutes).
Also, if you're on aspirin right now that will make you bruise more easily. Aspirin also helps to clear the bruises up faster, so I guess it's kind of a wash.
Hope the hormonal tide eases up soon. I hear ya on that one!
Wow! IVF may be the next option for us and to see the bruising makes me cringe! Ouch. You are handling it like a trooper so hang it there because everyone says its worth it in the end!
psst? how you doing today?
i did "something" for your bruises.
email me at infertilewhore@yahoo.com.au. tried looking out for your email on your blog but couldn't find it.
hope you're feeling better today..
giving you some smart-ass-free hugs. :)
Ouch on the brusing! Have you tried icing it?
And yes, the hormones come with tons of drama. But just wait until the pregnancy hormones kick in! Whew! ;)
Owie!! Hang in there... The prednisone makes it hard, but you can do it!
Ouch!! I'm sorry you are bruising!
BTW, your flat stomach is just not even fair. :D
Yikes! No words of advice but I am sending you good wishes for a great cycle.
Oh man those bruises suck girl! I had to inject in my a.s.s. and it is still sore weeks after my chemical pregnancy and BFN.
I don't have any advice really, maybe ice right after injection?
Sending you hugs and inviting you to go GANGSTA with us yo!
Ooh my...those bruises look painful! I hope they hurt less than they seem to. And I'm not even on any meds, but I can see myself freaking out in a similar way just from PMS. So you're justified. :)
Ouch! Sorry you're bruising so badly, B. The Lupron sounds like a real PITA, too. Ugh, why couldn't the whole IVF process be more user-friendly? Your DH sounds like a real sweetheart... love how he's so supportive. We'll be here cheering you on from the sidelines, too :)
WOW! those are some bad bruises, hope they are going away quickly and not causing too many issues.
I'm such a pest!!! :)
go check your email now!!!! :)
Damn I wish I had your waisteline!
First - I slap you for being so skinny. (but I still like you)
Second - YES it is normal to be crazy from these meds! I had my worst, near divorce inducing hormone rage at the grocery store, too. Maybe that's a place to avoid during treatments?
So will you kill me if I ask for the recipe for that "cheesy chicken dip?" Please don't yell at me. Please.
I had to laugh at the conversation with your DH because I've been there too.
You're doing great! Hang in there..
hope2morrow~I am LOL that you want the recipe. It really is good although I have never actually made it. M. always makes it. (:
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts boiled and shredded (although we usually use less)
1 cup hot wing sauce
1 cup ranch dressing
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar
Mix all together and bake 30min @350F.
Sounds scrumdiddlyumptious, and I'm glad you don't want to kill me... hee hee!
I hope tomorrow brings wonderful news!
Now, go scream into a pillow about me asking for that stupid cheesy chicken recipe!
Later, gator! ;)
Post a Comment