About Me

My photo
On the planet since 1973. Living in sin with M since 1997 and honestly since 2002. Failing at baby-making since 2005. And whining about it here since 2008. Come on in and sit a spell. This train wreck never seems to end.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Follicle check #1

Before I get to the good and bad from my follicle check this morning, I first have to brag up M. again. I seriously feel I need to - like I owe him for putting up with me right now. LOL. Since we have started seeing an RE, M. has not missed one appointment. He has been at every single u/s, blooddraw, consult, follow-up, and procedure. I have never stepped foot into my old or new RE's offices alone. He picks me up outside my work office, sits with me through everything while making me laugh through it all, and drops me off again right outside my office when we are done. He takes alot of the stress off of me and I am so so appreciative that he wants to be so involved. Today he missed a meeting so he could go to the RE with me and then drove me to downtown L.A. after work so I could see my therapist at her main office (not where I usually see her). He waited outside the building for an hour (with some homeless beggars) and then drove us home in traffic. When I apologized for making the appointment at this location, he asked if it helped and told me that was all that mattered when I told him "yes." Love you to bits, M.


In follicle news:

After 4 days of stimming with 375IU gonal-f and 75IU Menopur, here is the good and bad from the appointment:


Bad: I'll do this first to get it over with (that, and it's really not very bad).

  • Follicles are on the smaller side around 6-8mm and Dr. K likes to see them at 8-10mm by now. My ovaries have been labeled "smaller then normal" though so I like to think I am right on target. LOL.
  • The Lupron has suppressed me a little more than he likes.
  • He predicts I will be stimming for an even longer period this time around (IVF#1 was 11 days of stims) Read: more meds, more injections, longer time to feel like a stuck hog.
  • Dr. K. raised my Menopur from 75IU to 150IU which means we will run out by Thursday. I have to figure out how I can stay home a day this week to receive more meds via FedEx. Mandatory meeting on Thursday and RE appointment on Friday. Creativity will be in full force.

Good:
  • Dr. K. said there were around 10 follicles, but he didn't count them all because they were small yet.
  • He only gets concerned when people stim too quickly. Slower has never been a problem. My little "engine that could" ovaries were happy to hear this.
  • Lupron injections are now a thing of the past. I was only doing 2.5IU since starting stims, but he is dropping this completely. Hopefully this means no more bruising and no more night sweats!! Yee Haw!!! My belly thanks all of you who shared your helpful injection hints.
  • Estradiol was 190. I think he likes this to be over 100 at this point - memory lapse from IVF#1.
  • ETA: Lining was 8.3mm.
All in all I think we are doing fine. Next check is on Friday and I'm hoping to see some growth worthy of measuring.

**************************************************************************

A special shout out to my favorite infertile whore still standing strong in a bloom of hope for the beautiful artwork she made for me to put on my blog to remind me to keep going strong, despite the bruises! The yellow is the colour of the endometriosis ribbon, the 2 lines are obviously something that ALL OF US want, and the tagline WE WILL BEAT THE ODDS. SOMEHOW. SOMEDAY..means with or without a baby, we'll find our resolutions...:) I am touched and so very grateful. Thank you, my friend.

23 comments:

Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

WOOT WOOT HOO!!!!! :)

Am glad you loved it! I quite love it too, if I say so myself! hahahha :)

M sounds like the sweetest man!!!

I hope to one day, really meet up with you in person!!! Someday, one day.. :) Babes asked me the other day, AREN'T YOU SCARED YOU'LL HAVE A LOCO CYBER FRIEND? n I told him, AREN'T WE ALL LOCOS ON THIS JOURNEY? AND I DON'T THINK I KNOW OF ANYBODY WHO HAS GONE THROUGH THIS JOURNEY TO HAVE A MEAN STREAK IN HER/HIS BONE!!

ps He's complaining that i'm too hooked to the computer now..hmmmm...... :)

Pepper said...

Okay, M. is AWESOME!! I am so impressed that I'm at a loss for words. You definitely hit the jackpot there.

I think your stim check sounds great. You can make up the 2mm growth in a day or two, no problem. And YAY for dropping the Lupron!

BTW, about FedEx - This cycle I learned that if you aren't home to accept delivery, you can still pick up your package at the FedEx office that same evening. I think the office nearest to me closes at 7:45 or something. I did this twice and it was much easier than stressing about taking more time off of work. The FedEx driver was actually the one who clued me in on it.

Very cool badge, too.

Polly Gamwich said...

WOoo HOOooo Ovaries! Kickin' some bootay!!

Jen said...

My ovaries were underachievers this cycle, too, but they kicked into gear after about a week. I hope the same happens for you!

bb said...

M sounds like the best kind of husband. Knowing that makes it easier to forgive him when the stims make him make you crazy.

YAY for a great follie report!!!!

Wishing 4 One said...

Man your M sounds like my DH, arent we just soooo lucky!

And wow that artwork should be for all of us....Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope is awesome isn't she!!!

xoxoxoxoxo

A - said...

M sounds like an absolute saint! So glad you have such an awesome support system with DH.

Grow, follies, grow!!! Come on, little ones! Slow and steady wins the race. :)

Anonymous said...

It's great to have such a dependable and supportive spouse! As the saying goes: a 'burden' shared is halved. Thank that dear man.
My spouse is the exact same way, tomorrow he'll take another day off to take me to another appointment.
Just wanted to wish you & DH all the very best.
God Bless
Anna.

The Rebound Girl said...

Sending up prayers that all goes well and you don't have to take shots too much longer.

sara said...

I'm glad that you have such a good support system - it makes all the difference in the world! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you for Friday. Go little ovaries that could, go!

SAHW said...

Everything sounds like it's going well!

M. sounds awesome! I'm glad you have each other to get through this together.

Busted said...

Love the blog bling!!! And your husband sounds amazing.

NCLM

Anonymous said...

Finally getting back to you via NCLM from the comment you left at my blog (bit behind clearly ;) )

Sounds like you are doing well so far - stimming slow and steady is good, will be checking back to find out how you doing! Keep those follies growing!

Oh, and your hubby sounds like a dahling!!!

Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

ok, chant with me?

Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

hahahahaha!!!!


chanting back at ya!!!!!!!!! with some Chocolate-chip cookie dough ice cream :)

Amanda said...

M sounds like a wonderful man.

I'm really happy for your good news!

(here via NCLM)

Andy said...

Your DH sounds like a good guy! It's great that he goes to all the appointments with you!

Good luck,

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

Everything sounds great so far! Sorry you have to stim for longer, but I bet you get some great mature eggs out of it!

Chelle said...

M sounds a lot like my DH. I know I am very lucky to have my DH and it sounds like you know how lucky you are to have yours too!

Go Follies Go!

Me said...

Your husband sounds like a doll.

DC said...

Wow, your hubby sounds like a total keeper. What a great guy!

Congrats on the good follie check! I'm keeping everything crossed that all those shots will pay off for you this month! :)

Kim said...

Great news! You have one great guy there! nclm

Hope2morrow said...

Love the new symbol of courage and hope. Still Standing is too sweet (and so are you)!