About Me

My photo
On the planet since 1973. Living in sin with M since 1997 and honestly since 2002. Failing at baby-making since 2005. And whining about it here since 2008. Come on in and sit a spell. This train wreck never seems to end.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Our babes are home

Our transfer went fine today. I had been nervous reading about needing a full bladder for the procedure as my Interstitial Cystitis does not play well with a whole lot of liquid. I called my RE's nurse an hour before and she told me that my RE doesn't use abdominal ultrasound anymore and wanted an empty bladder for using the dildocam. This may not seem like a big deal, but it nearly brought me to happy tears. IC is a mean and nasty thing.

We went to the same room that my ER had been done in. I undressed and sat on the table waiting for the embryologist and RE. Embryologist came in from the IVF lab which is a second door inside our exam room. He brought a giant picture of our embryos and showed us that of the 4, 1 did not divide past 1 cell, 2 divided to 4 cells but with some fragmentation and the last one divided to 8 cells. They like the embryos to be 6-8 cells at 3 days, but we are not giving up any hope on our 4 cellers. Based on their recommendation, we decided to put all 3 back. Embryos at our RE's office are given a 1, 2, 3, or 4 rating with 1 as the worst and 4 as the best. Our 3 were rated a 3, 2, and 1.

Our RE came in and talked a bit more about the embryos and thought it was a good sign as I was wearing a necklace with 3 circles to represent each of our embryos. He got my legs into position, inserted the dreaded dildocam and told me that my ovaries are still very swollen which is why I have been having some pain yet. I don't remember how he got everything in there at the same time, but I know there was a speculum, catheter, and dildocam at one time or another to get things ready. Once the catheter was in place and we could see it on the monitor, he asked the nurse to let the lab know he was ready for the embryos. The embryologist brought in our babes and verified they were ours. Our RE showed us where to look on the screen and in they went. It was a bit surreal to watch knowing any or all of these could be our babies in 9 months. He printed off a picture of the inserted embryos for our scrapbook, wished us luck, gave me a hug, and left us in the room for me to rest for ~30 minutes.

We have been home for the day and I have been a lady of leisure letting M. take care of everything. He is being a bit overprotective which is cute today, but we will see how long that lasts. LOL. Hopefully I can get up our embryo pics before the weekend is over. We are without a scanner so it will have to wait for now.

For the first time ever, I am technically pregnant and hoping to stay this way for the next 9 months. Beta is scheduled for March 10th!!! I hate testing, but that is so far away. We will see........

9 comments:

A - said...

I'm so happy your ET went smoothly today. Grow, babes, grow - stick, babes stick!!!

Thanks for updating us today :) Glad that M is taking care of you. Relax and enjoy your little ones - I'm sure they're much happier where they are now :)

kaaron said...

So gladly things went smoothly for you today. And hooray for not needing a full bladder!

I am tagging you, btw. See my blog for details.

Alison said...

Yay for THREE!!! Holy cow, how exciting :) I'm so happy to hear everything went well - enjoy you next few days of being a 'lady of leisure', hee hee.

tobacco brunette said...

Good luck! Hope March 10 comes quickly.

Lost in Space said...

Thanks, guys. Tick tock, tick tock. Is it March 10th yet? (:

Let It Be said...

I'm so happy your transfer went smoothly and you didn't have to have a full bladder. The way you described everything I almost felt like I was there. ;-) I'm so excited for you! That is a crazy amount of instruments to have in your hooha, but hey it worked to get those little ones where they need to be! Keep taking good care of yourself and let M. spoil you. You deserve it!

Polly Gamwich said...

So excited for you ... I read this post the day you posted it, but have been too busy w/work (yuck) to be able to post. Just wanted you know that I've been thinking about you and am so excited for you! Can't wait till 3/10!

Those sounded like 3 wonderful embies to me! Can't wait!!

Kathy said...

congrats on getting three for your ET, and I cannot imagine how they got the dildocam and catheter in there at the same time - but how great you didn't have to do the full bladder thing. Best wishes and prayers for the rest of your 2ww!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your embryo transfer! Doesn't it feel satisfying to have your babies home?!