kaaron at Our Infertility Journey tagged me. The rules are as follows.
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules.
3) Share six non-important things / habits / quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people.
5) Make sure the people you tagged KNOW you tagged them by commenting what you did.
1) I am deathly afraid of snakes. I can't even watch them on TV and just talking about them (or typing this) makes my heart race and palms sweat.
2) As a kid, one of my favorite things to do was visit all our elderly neighbors. I went from house to house on an almost daily basis during the summers and on weekends because I was afraid they would be lonely if I didn't stop by. I also spent hours at our local nursing home just visiting with anyone I thought looked lonely or hadn't had a visitor in awhile. As I got older I volunteered with my Grandpa to deliver meals to shut-ins. It isn't a surprise that my dream job would be an activities director at a senior center or nursing home.
3) I ran from the cops when I was 14 and got away. LOL. It's not as bad as it sounds. We were having a party on a minimum maintenance road (nicknamed Bud(weiser) Hill) in the middle of nowhere when several cars started coming from both directions (never a good sign) leaving us "trapped". We ran into the corn field and just kept going. This is still one of my all time favorite high school memories and my best friend and I still joke about surviving the Bud Hill Bust.
4) I was in 2 separate roll over car accidents at 14 and 16. Nobody was wearing a seatbelt in either accident and there were only very minor cuts in either case. My guardian angel worked overtime during those days.
5) I have a strong belief in God, but think organized religion is a load of crap. No flames, please. It just isn't for me.
6) I used to fly and maintain a 30 foot long/8 foot diameter RC blimp for work. I did everything from starting engines to filling with 6 large Helium tanks to adjusting trim to patching holes after a crash.
I am tagging Polly, Jen, and Alison.
2 comments:
I will play along soon ... hopefully tomorrow ... thanks for the tag!
I loved your story about running from the cops! Hee! Seems out of character for a type A engineer! And Yikes! about the rollovers. I am hoping that guardian angel is still looking over you and your precious embies.
Post a Comment