Just a quick note to check in. Work is kicking my ass right now with 12-15 hour days everyday. Everyday is including weekends now too. I am exhausted and there is no relief in sight for a couple months. They warned us it was coming so it isn't a big surprise, but that doesn't change the fact that I am just plain tired and generally brain dead these days. I'm hoping to come up for air this weekend and catch up on all my favorite blogs if I can remove this ball and chain called a laptop for a couple hours. I miss you all!!
Things are still moving somewhat forward on the CCRM front. We have started getting some test results back and most have been good with one little snafu on M's semen analysis morphology. He is still struggling with the whole drop in IVF odds for success from Schoolcraft [40% (phone consult) to 20-30% (at one-day work up)] causing him to feel more strongly about skipping the cycle altogether and moving on to donor eggs or adoption. Not great timing for less than stellar "manhood" testing results. So much I want to say, but I am keeping my patience and letting him come around on his own. He knows where I stand and almost 12 years together has taught me when to push and when to just sit back and wait. This is a "waiter". We will get there (wherever there may be) one way or another, but I know we have to do this one together.
20 comments:
My husband's morphology is a little iffy, too - but with ICSI it doesn't really matter. If the count is normal they can find something in there that will work...
I know how much this is just something you need to do - it's hard to move on if you haven't exhausted your best option. I hope he can come to terms with the percentages - after all, there are no more guarantees with a 40% chance. If it were a purely scientific decision nobody would write that giant check...
I can't tell you how much I hope this works for you.
Aw man, hope that work does not end up killing you - cos I'd really miss ya ;)
Try and take it as easy as you can... I really hope that CCRM works out and that you get your dream sooner rather than later.
HUGS
xxx
Sorry that work is so hectic and crazy right now.
Giving your husband time right now is the best thing -- I know it took time for us to realize that IVF was going to be the next step. It took time for S to realize that I needed to do a 3rd IVF for closure. He would have been okay with stopping after 2.
I'm glad you are starting to get some of your test results back.
Thinking of you and M...
I'm sorry that work is killer right now. And having to work on the weekends! I at least hope you are making some great overtime money :) It's funny how you said that sometimes you have to step back and let DH come to his own conclusion. My DH is the exact same way. No matter if you decide to go forward with CCRM, or adoption, or even donor eggs, lots of luck to to you B!
Much love!
My intuition tells me that your intuition on this being a "waiter" is probably right on. But waiting does still suck. Luck and hugs.
WOW, so sorry work has been so hectic! That sucks. It sounds like your DH just needs some time. Hopefully, not too long.
((HUGS!))
Ugh - I am sorry work is so brutal right now.
I know you and M will make the right decision for yall. Getting to an agreement is sometimes a challenge - and waiting is not fun. I hope CCRM will be the answer, but if not, I hope you find the right answer sooner, rather than later!
Hugs, sweetie! Miss you here in blog world!
Sorry work is so stressful right now. Take care and don't work too hard.
Hi! Sorry work is stressful and busy, I hope it calms down soon.
Patience is a good thing. I think I was trying to take cuts in line when they where handing it out so I missed it.
GL!
I've been thinking abotu you so much, Brenda. I'm glad you decided to "wait" this one out. Hang in there.
Tell work you have blogging to do. LOL!
Sorry work is bogging you down. Sounds exhausting. I'm sure your boss and colleagues rely on you more than others (which is not always fair), but it's a compliment in a way. Hope things calm down soon...
You're probably smart to keep quiet on M's concerns. I would be annoyed too if the statistics changed dramatically. We already feel like such victims, and "bait and switch" situations make us feel worse. There will never be an answer, a reason why we suffer. It just sucks. I'm trying to live one day at a time.
Miss ya!
Love,
E
Sorry that work's taking up so much of your time. I hope you are coping ok... I worked 18hours every day for almost 2 months up to a product launch and some times it can be so tough and at times, so rewarding.
Babes morphology showed some issues as well for the first test but we weren't sure cuz they were done differently - one on Kruger and I can't remember the other one. And we were just soo confused. So, I understand M's feelings towards it. Having said that, I really do hope CCRM works out for you guys, cuz I just do.
I miss you too!!! I agree with hope2morrow - tell work you have blogging to do! :)
((((hugs, B)))
It never seems to matter if you are warned about the extra work ahead of time; it still sucks no matter what.
Sorry to hear about the morphology issues coming up at this point. A prior poster is right, though; ICSI it doesn't matter. Although I am sure you arleady know this.
Smart lady to wait it out and let him come around. You are right about being in it together. Hugs and kisses.
Your work sounds like a killer! You poor thing. I'm sorry to hear that the hubby is still coming around. He sounds like my hubby. He wants strict numbers and I'm afraid he won't like what he sees. Although I've been working on him for IVF, it's taken a long time to even discuss it. IF treatments are always a crap shoot. We're all gambling ladies here, unfortunately.
Nevertheless, you are moving forward with CCRM and I'm wishing the best for you!
Bummer about work. I HATE knowing that there's MONTHS ahead with lots of work ... it's so much to have in front of you.
I TOTALLY hear you on the waiting. Generally, in IVF the woman is in control of what treatments happen and what variations on treatments happen (only b/c they spend time researching it and it's their body) ... but I think us wise ladies know that although we are in control of what ultimately happens, sometimes it's good to just chill and let him come around ;-) ... sugar attracts better than vinegar, that's for sure!
Glad you're at least gone and busy b/c of work and not being dragged down into the depths. Yay for distractions!
I've missed your blogs!
I hope you and M. can be on the same page together soon. It's difficult to deal with infertility when you and your partner have differing ideas. I'm sure with all your history together you two will be able to move on shortly. At least work seems like it's been a disctraction for you. Sorry it's been so busy!
So work is so crazy for you right now, Brenda. Hopefully a little time will help your DH to come around. ((hugs))
Psst psst psst psst.. can I psst in a bit on your busy work schedule?? pst pst pst pst..
I just sent you an email.. It's a SURPRISE.
Psst psst psst, over and out... pst.
Hugs.
Hey girl, I am so sorry I have been absent from your blog for so long, and now you're on a blogging break. :( I hope work eases up and you do get some relaxing in during the holidays. I'll be catching up on your posts while I wait for an update from you. : )
Just checking in, thinking of you. Love how you know when to speak and when to wait with your husband. You are a good team. Sorry work is so busy. Hang in there!
Post a Comment