About Me

My photo
On the planet since 1973. Living in sin with M since 1997 and honestly since 2002. Failing at baby-making since 2005. And whining about it here since 2008. Come on in and sit a spell. This train wreck never seems to end.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

And my love affair ends

Two of my co-workers and I have a special love affair. We discovered it last September while we were away at a conference. Secretly, we each had this love affair before we ever met, but now it is our common bond. No, we aren't cheating on our husbands. Minds out of the gutter, people. We all have a thing for DQ Blizzards. Oh, yes, the Blizzard. Forget the Pinkberry craze, Ben & Jerry's, TCBY, or any other wannabe Blizzard makers. DQ is our one and only. Now why this love affair may have to end.....

The day at work started like any other - meetings, emails, chatting with the office-mates. M. and I carpool so both left early so I could see a G.I. doc. downtown for my issues. Bonus today was that he didn't do an exam, but I go back next Wednesday for a sigmoidoscopy. So with a cystocopy last June and hystersocopy last August, I might as well have the other orifice checked too, right? I mean it's only fair.

So after getting home, M. wants to take me for ice cream. He's okay with my love affair, but wanted me to cheat with Maggie Moos because it's closer to our house. I finally caved so off we went only to find that poor Maggie has closed her doors for good. See, my co-workers and I must not be the only ones to know that it really is all about the Blizzard. LOL. M. then suggested Ben & Jerry's (next closest), but I wouldn't have it so our quest for DQ was on.

Just a few short blocks later, someone cut us off and while M. was trying to give her the stink-eye, he inadvertently slammed into the back of a 5 series BMW. Seriously, he couldn't pick a Kia or basically anything else to ram? I saw it coming and yelled for him to stop, but the next thing I knew, the airbag had popped me in the face and our horn was just blaring. We both got pulled over - (don't want to mess with the traffic in CA) and with nobody hurt, we exchanged info and headed for home. My chin is now covered in neosporin in hopes that the oozing rug burn will not become a large scab. Muscle soreness is setting in.

And to top it all off, I didn't even get my damn Blizzard anyway. I know it's not the fault of the DQ and I hope we can manage to work it all out. My co-workers would be pissed if I remove our standing DQ meeting from meeting maker.


ETA: We went back last night to look for our missing front license plate which was nowhere to be found. M. is convinced it will be used in the next drive-by or robbery. I did end up getting my Blizzard and was in Strawberry Cheesequake heaven. We might just be able to patch things up yet. My chin on the other hand did not fare as well. At least it is almost the weekend.

Polly, I will have to look for a Foster's Freeze to compare. Convincing my co-workers might be near impossible though. It really is all about the Blizzard. LOL.

7 comments:

Polly Gamwich said...

Ouch! sorry about your chin - that must have been scary (and painful!) ... murphy's law that you guys hit the BMW huh? Bummer.

Now Blizzards are good, but have you tried a twister? From Foster's Freeze? I worked at Foster's Freeze for 5 years in highschool and college (DQ is the big competitor) and the Twister is the direct competitor of the Blizzard ... do try to compare the two - I don't think you'll be disappointed.

In an effort to help you maintain your standing ice cream meeting,
Polly

A - said...

I had to chuckle when I read about your love affair with Blizzards... I just got home after taking a trip to the DQ for an ice cream stop. They are so freaking good.

So sorry about your run in with the BMW... I'm just glad that you and M didn't get more seriously injured! It sounds like you really deserve a Blizzard now :)

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

OH! You poor thing. I'm glad you both made it through OK, but what a rotten thing to have to go through. Ugh. I am so sorry - at least you finally got the DQ to make up for it.

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

I'm sorry about your accident - hope you are alright.

I have my own ice cream favorite - Culver's soft serve with peanut butter cups, hot fudge, and caramel. It. is. so. good. MMM.

Miah said...

We often sacrifice and go to Sonic because it is closer. I would much rather have a Blizzard.

Sorry about your accident. I know you must be sore. I hope it passes quickly.

Anonymous said...

Dear God, Brenda. Thank God you guys are o.k. All auto accidents are petrifying! And now I have official evidence that you and I have much in common: I am a certified DQ junkie. In fact, I was there one hour ago for my snickers blizzard fix. Oh, it's bad. Real bad. Some days I get large, with EXTRA SNICKERS. I even drive to out-of-town DQs so no one will recognize me! All signs of addiction here! Glad I'm not alone!
But seriously, feel better. Good grief!

love, E