It's a little overwhelming to see all of this laid out on our counter. I've seen IVF med pictures before, but it is a bit surreal to know these are mine. I am elated that I take my last BCP today. I've had night sweats for the past 2 nights and the headache is continuous. Next stop to my RE is on Monday for: Mock transfer, bloodwork, ultrasound, sign consent forms, injection instructions, and more activity for the Discover card as we will pay for our cycle too.
Here is a breakdown of meds and costs for each:
1 pack BCPs: $ 15.00
3 x 900IU Gonal-F pens (FSH): $1971
20 x 75IU vials Menopur (FSH & LH): $1189.80
1 x 10000USP Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG trigger): $ 36.40
3 x 250MCG Ganirelix Acetate (GnRH antagonist): $ 293.10
30 Prenatal Vitamins: $ 6.00
10 x 100mg Doxycycline capsules: $ 11.60
30 x 81mg Aspirin: $ 0.90
16 x 0.1MG Vivelle (estrogen patches): $ 108.80
6 x 100MG Endometrin (vaginal progesterone): $ 39.18
5 x 100MG Darvocet tablets: $ 2.85
15 x 3CC Syringes: "Free"
15 x 22G - 1 1/2" Needles: "Free"
15 x 27G - 1/2" Needles: "Free"
Gauze & Alcohol wipes: "Free"
A note to those looking at the med costs: I am on an aggressive dose for my age (my RE's words) due to my FSH so I think there is a little more Gonal-F and/or Menopur than what might be normal.
3 comments:
so.incredibly.excited.for.you. Project Baby is gearing up! Can't wait to hear all about it!
hey! how did yesterday go? how are the stims coming along?
Thanks, A. So far, so good. The non-stop headache really sucks, but we're moving on through. How are you doing? It won't be long now!!
I need to get better with this blogging thing, huh? (:
Post a Comment