It still pisses me off a little that crack whores can get knocked up and leave their babies in drug houses and we have to sign a consent stating that we understand that if this process results in a baby that he/she is our sole responsibility. Um, ya think we would pay to go through this and then just leave our baby with the RE? So I digress.......
Consents were signed and then our very pregnant IVF nurse coordinator gave us injection instructions. She is so sweet, but I would have taken a grumpy, non-pregnant nurse for this one any day of the week.
From shots we moved down to financial and shelled out $8795 and then we went around to the lab for a blood-draw. (Doc was ready for u/s early so blood-draw was late).
All checked out so we started stims Monday night with 300IU Gonal-f and 150IU Menopur. My dear husband kept me entertained (as always) by humming the theme song to Rocky. Apparently these ovaries are in training now. I had a weird taste/smell from the injection in the back of my throat for a little while afterward and have had a non-stop headache with bouts of nausea.
Next appointment is on Friday morning. Fingers crossed that we have some growing follicles!
- $ 315.00 - Initial consult with RE
- $ 140.00 - Bloodwork
- $ 3674.63 - Medications
- $ 6900.00 - IVF cycle
- $ 1200.00 - Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- $ 550.00 - Assisted Hatching (AHA)
- $ 145.00 - Mock Transfer
- $12924.63 - Total as of 02/11/08
7 comments:
Thanks for updating! :D I can't believe you've already started stims. Wow. I had to laugh at the Rocky reference because I'm feeling the same way about getting my ovaries back in shape. I've been on BCP over a month so they'd better be ready to come out of hibernation... LOL. Can't wait until your first follow check!!!
And by "follow" I meant "follie". Stupid spell check :)
That running total sure is intimidating isn't it? It sooooo hurts.
Am excited to see your response to the stims! Best of luck to you!
There is a man down here in jail for killing his infant son by stomping on his head, and we have to pay to conceive. Ugh.
How exciting!! I can't wait to see what your Friday u/s shows!!! ADRIAN!!!
How did your U/S go today??? The suspense is killing me! ;) btw, any BFPs from our buddy group yet?
Thanks, girls.
A~I just did an update blog. Thanks for checking in. No new BFP's yet, but Megan and Amy are in their 2ww's for their first medicated cycles. Oh, and Sally is having a boy. (:
Thanks for the update from our group! Would love to know what happens with them! Give all the girls my regards for me :D
Post a Comment