We left early because it was raining and got to the office at 8:15AM. It was nearly 9AM (our scheduled ER time) and I hadn't been called back yet so M. (my darling husband) went to see what was going on. They were running a little late, but called me back to a room where I undressed from the waist down and had to take off my sweatshirt. M. went off to do his thing leaving me all on my own. So it is now 9:15, then 9:30, then 9:45 and I am sitting on the table half naked with a paper cloth and freezing my ass off so my dilemma is if I should yell out the door that I want to get the show on the road while my backside hangs out or just sit and wait it out. I chose the latter and did my faithful good-luck rub of the roller-ball on the u/s machine and tried to entertain myself with breathing exercises.
My RE came in a few minutes later and said he was almost ready to go. The anesthesiologist followed behind him and started getting me prepped. IV was in, relaxation drugs inserted, heart/breathing tags stuck on my chest. My RE and his nurse came back in , teased me about my "Just do it" t-shirt, and got my legs in position. On came the oxygen mask and the burn of the good stuff into my IV. My RE put in the dildocam, but before I could look at the screen I was out. So our 35-hour-post-HCG-injection ER became a 36-hour-post-HCG-injection ER which is still well within the allotted time.
Waking up was much easier than it was for my laparoscopy. They moved me to recovery and brought M. in and gave me a heating pad and warm blanket. After ~30minutes my RE came in and gave us the news that he got 13 eggs. He said that it doesn't mean all will fertilize or survive (which we already know). I'm trying not to read too much into it.
I was released and have been sleeping nearly all day trying to get rid of the wacky anesthesia feeling. I took a darvacet late in the afternoon and used my heating pad for a little comfort. The cramping is not too bad and the spotting has been pretty mild. All in all it was a great retrieval and we are thrilled to have some to work with.
We will get our fertilization report sometime tomorrow and do a 3 day transfer (3dt) on Wednesday. I want to discuss this a bit more with my RE, but 3 day is their norm.
Edited to add the $400 for the anesthesiologist:
- $ 315.00 - Initial consult with RE
- $ 140.00 - Bloodwork
- $ 4375.34- Medications
- $ 6900.00 - IVF cycle
- $ 1200.00 - Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- $ 550.00 - Assisted Hatching (AHA)
- $ 145.00 - Mock Transfer
- $ 400.00 - Anesthesia for Egg Retrieval
- $14025.34 - Total as of 02/24/08
2 comments:
So glad I caught your post before checking in for the night. Congratulations on the smooth retrieval and on the baker's dozen! I would have been irritated, too, had they left me waiting for an hour past the scheduled ER time. Grrrr. Glad it all worked out in the end. Sending you tons of fertilization and strong, healthy embie vibes, now. :)
p.s. - thanks a bunch for the advice Re: mixing Menopur & Gonal-F. That is such a good idea - I'm going to check to make sure my doc doesn't mind me doing the same.
Congrats on your baker's dozen! That is a great number to work with. So glad it went well for you! I slept most of the day as well, so I imagine that is pretty normal.
Now I am wide awake at 5 AM hopped up on Medrol. Yay.
Post a Comment