About Me

My photo
On the planet since 1973. Living in sin with M since 1997 and honestly since 2002. Failing at baby-making since 2005. And whining about it here since 2008. Come on in and sit a spell. This train wreck never seems to end.

Monday, February 25, 2008

And we are down to 4

I just got the fertilization report and here are the numbers:
  • 13 eggs retrieved
  • Only 8 of the 13 were mature
  • ICSI done on all 8 mature
  • 5 of the 8 survived
  • 1 of the 5 fertilized abnormally
  • Total number fertilized embryos = 4
I am a pretty nervous with this number and worried about our 4 little babes. I called M. and can tell that he is nervous and disappointed too. All we can do is hope for the best that they continue to grow and divide normally. Transfer is scheduled for 10:45AM on Wednesday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the "just do it" tee shirt.

Fingers crossed for the 4 embies. You are so brave.

A - said...

Stay strong, B. You and your embies are in my thoughts and I will say a prayer that they keep growing and are healthy. I have a feeling that those four are fighters, just waiting to be put back home on Wednesday. ::hugs::

Polly Gamwich said...

"just do it" ... you're killin' me!

I too am praying for your four little ones ... come on guys keep dividing - be strong and ready for a trip through a catheter on Wednesday!!

kaaron said...

Am totally praying for your little ones too! And you have a 3dt, correct? I am sure they will grow nice and strong until they are snuggled in at home.

Alison said...

I'm praying for FOUR PERFECT embies...the most perfect that the RE has ever seen!!!!

Anonymous said...

The lucky four, I say. Seriously, four is a good number, so try not to stress. I mean, normally we only produce one good embryo. All it takes is one good one. Try to stay positive. Good luck on your transfer tomorrow!!

Lost in Space said...

Thanks so much for the support. It always overwhelms me to come back here and find so many kind and helpful words. You ladies are the best.