I will be back to write more about it, but wanted to pop in quickly just so I stay out of the habit of disappearing for months on end. I am
My 101 in 1001 list has brought so much drive and awareness into my life and has really made me realize how much I was just "surviving" and not "living". I am way behind on posting there as well because I've been...well, actually living it.
Am I still grieving? Yup. Do I still shed a few tears on pretty much a daily basis? Yup. BUT, I am slowly on my path to finding my "happy" again. With or without children I will be happy dammit. They will be bonus on an already happy, stable, and fulfilled life - not the sole cause of it. What a funny little line to walk...
ETA: Oh, and Happy Second Blogoversary to No Regrets! Two whole years of mindless babble (although the last year has been a little more mindless with a lot less babble) spewed into the world wide web.
16 comments:
There's nothing wrong with grieving. You can still shed tears and continue on a path to a happier place. I think it's all part of the same process -- understanding, accepting and moving forward.
I turn my cell phone off when I go on vaca - it's the only way to be! Hope you have fun!
Enjoy your weekend! I too have one of those outdated phones. Meh, it works for me.
Thought of you last night and was dying to talk. I had one of those "see how okay I am with being a childless couple" feelings t-boned by "a night with 2 of my husband's former roommates and their brilliant children."
I fell asleep with one of those long deep sigh fuck kind of feelings.
OMG - we have the same cell phone! I too do not have internet service and must press numbers multiple times to get the right alphabet! Enjoy the weekend and come back when you're ready.
I loved your line about children being the bonus. You've got me thinking on that one.
Happy 2nd! I happen to love the babble...
Have a great time in the great outdoors, and it's good to get a sense that you are coming back to yourself.
I think it's great that you're busy and spending more time "living." Have fun, B! And happy 2nd blogoversary! :)
Hey B! I hope you and M have an awesome weekend! You deserve it :)
Hope you have a great weekend getting back to nature! I too have a pre-historic phone and would not change it ever, it gives more freedom and don't stress if I drop it or lose it... it's no biggie.
Looking forward to getting back to reading your blog, sounds like you done some real soul-searching and looking forward to reading some pearls of wisdom. Have fun!
I too hope to embrace the attitude you have right now, but I'm still stuck in the grieving, contrary to any illusion I try to create otherwise.
Can't wait to hear about your weekend. Get an iPhone. My husband handed his old one down to me last summer, and I have insane access 24/7 now!
Hope you have a GREAT weekend, B!
Oh! And I need to catch up on your new blog. Love the idea! =)
we have the same phone, i think! LOL! i am inspired by your 101 in 1001 blog. amazing! i love reading your words. xoxo, erika
littletinyfootprints.blogspot.com
So happy for you that you are *living* life! We'll be here when you get back from nature! LOL
Oh, and I'm w/ ya on the phone - I do not have internet access and I blocked texting! <3 being disconnected when I want to be!
I have that cell phone with internet capabilities and it drives me NUTS! It's slower and fucking frustrating.
I'm with you on your path to happiness, even if there are bumps along the way..i want to be there.
ps. Happy Blogoversary!!!
xoxo.
P.
Just dropping by to see how you're doing and to wish you well...
Post a Comment