About Me

My photo
On the planet since 1973. Living in sin with M since 1997 and honestly since 2002. Failing at baby-making since 2005. And whining about it here since 2008. Come on in and sit a spell. This train wreck never seems to end.

Monday, November 30, 2009

rusty, but giving it a go anyway

Err, so what happened to October and November? I may have taken my blog slackdom to a whole new level this time around. I could go through a long drawn out story about where I disappeared to, but the bottom line is that my coping skills are a little shaky full blown disaster and I tend to shut down when I get too overwhelmed.

So what's new in the land of "No Regrets"? I'm not sure where to start so maybe I'll just ease back in with some nondescript bullet point starters and you can tell me what you'd like to hear more about.
  1. I attended my first fertile friend baby shower since 2006 and was met with...
  2. I have gained a new-found freedom with the help of this simple medical procedure...
  3. We decided to pursue adoption, attended an 8-week class, and are now...
  4. I have gone through another sigmoidoscopy and subsequent colonoscopy to check for ass cancer and other random "crap" and will soon meet with a surgeon to...
  5. I held a newborn last week and managed to hold it together quite well until...
  6. I am working on finding my "happy" again outside the land of baby thoughts and started...
  7. Why it looks like Santa threw up all over our house and then some, but I am still the Christmas asshole...
  8. Some very random thoughts on blogger transitions...
  9. Reader's choice: Just name the question or topic and I will try to pull something creative out of my ever-problematic ass...
Adoption classes or ass scoping or my role as the Christmas asshole?? I would totally get it if you conveniently missed this update altogether. Rusty doesn't even begin to cover it, huh?

45 comments:

Illanare said...

Can we hear more about everything?

'Murgdan' said...

Um. Let's see. I have such withdrawal I would absolutely love to hear about, um, ANY OF THE ABOVE. :-) Glad to hear Christmas vomited on your house...it is kind of fun, isn't it? :-)

elliej said...

Hi Brenda, exactly my thoughts. would like to hear about it ALL. But anything that sits right with you to blog about just now is great with me xxx

Liz said...

Oooh I don't know. Its just good to have you back. Just don't put off your next post or you'll get rusty again!

bb said...

I agree with everyone and I want to read more about all of the above.... whatever gets you writing again!

Sue said...

So I will be no help because I was dying for information on every single one of those bullet points. I'll say this - the last 2 months have been busy for you! Seriously, write what you want, when you want and I'll eat it up.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

New to your blog (from your last post actually :)) and would love to read more about anything!

Momasita said...

I checked your blog on Friday thinking "hey, I haven't heard from her in a while, hope she's ok" and *poof* my little wish was granted. I of course cannot choose just one, so please spill on anything and everything!
So glad to see you blogging again!

Wendy said...

Hi! I'm glad you're back on your blog again :)

I want to hear it all, of course!

Me said...

All of the above. Please.

Flying Monkeys said...

I would like to hear a little about everything please, with a side of asshole.

Plant Girl said...

As an asshole myself, I vote for ass/asshole topics. But would really like to hear about everything.

I've missed you. Glad to see you back.

Tara said...

Um...since I heart you so much and have missed you so much...I'd be more than happy to hear about anything!!! I've missed you. Glad to see your post.

shocks said...

I agree with everyone else...I wanna hear about everything!! So glad to have you back to blogland!!

Devon said...

i want to hear about it ALL! and seriously, you amaze me!

Claudia said...

You big tease!! I want to hear about all of it - all of those titles made me go 'and THEN what happened??' But if you're doing them in some kind of order, can I ask for 3, 5 and 1 to be first please??? I have really really missed you in blogland!! So glad you're back!

Just Another Mother said...

I vote for everything. Only you can make ass problems so enjoyable to read about. I tried once, but it didn't pan out very well. :)

Good to hear from you!

nh said...

So glad to see you back...
But we need to hear about it all!

banditgirl said...

Bren, I gotta say, I want it all and I want it now! :)

Lisa said...

Was really happy to see you post again, Brenda. I was thinking about you.

Personally, I'd love to hear it ALL. Call me greedy. ;> It IS the Season of Greediness, right? XO

Lorraine said...

I'm pretty sure you'll oil up just fine - any and all topics are welcome, although the infomercial-esque "simple medical procedure that changed my life" is especially intriguing.

Glad you're back!

Rambler said...

Miss an update from you?? Impossible! I am selfish and have no sympathy for your typing fingers and wrists...so I want to hear everything. :)

lastchanceivf said...

Well I know some of what you've been up to--supporting me in the most generous and sweet way imaginable through our latest IVF adventure and for that, I'm super grateful.

Glad to see you back writing--we're all here. ALWAYS.

Brenna said...

You do realize you shouldn't have bothered giving us a CHOICE, right?! Because of course we all want to hear it ALL! Adoption thoughts, blogger transition randoms, Christmas assholishness...this is all too good to pass up. Pretty please, could you give us at least a BRIEF post on each?

Suzanne said...

Spill it all, girl! I want to know what you've been up to!

Karen said...

Hmmm. I'll take 1 through 9, please. Thanks. ;) Glad to see you back.

Anonymous said...

Hey hon - I'm glad to see you back too! Like everyone else, I want to hear about all of the above. Although I have to confess... I'm especially interested in the adoption stuff. :)
((hugs))

Sky said...

If I have to choose...I'd LOVE to hear about the adoption progress. Wish it had been a viable option for me but as a single chick...not so much.

RB said...

#3, #3, #3!!!!! I have been hoping that you and M would begin to look into adoption. This kind of made my day :)

#6 sounds interesting too :)

So glad to see you back in the blogosphere!

Meg. said...

I'm going to 29th (I think I'm #29?) that motion: I want it all! =D

But my God, woman. A cancer scare? First and foremost, I truly hope you're ok. Don't leave us hangin' on this one, ok?

SO good to have you back! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Oooh!
One!
Three!
Five!
Six!

I want them all!!!

Love, E

SillyHille said...

All of the above, of course!
(is #6 something I might have a bit of inside knowledge about? Might I get a bit of credit there?! :)

Me said...

In ONE day you've gotten 32 comments. Clearly we all adore you. (Just popping by in my inebriated state to point that out!)

B and D said...

I am greedy and want to hear about everything!! And the sooner the better :)

asandersbonelli said...

It sounds like there has been a whole lot going on with you. I'd like to learn more about your health, as I certainly hope you are OK. And pursuing adoption sounds particularly exciting!

filoli said...

I have been dying to hear from you! Simply dying to talk to you as well! As for blog topics, I don't care what you do - just write it out, woman! In the meantime, I must continue to wade through a maddening amount of work - so I desperately need your blog. ;)

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Phoebe said...

Ditto on "all of the above". I think I relate to the Christmas asshole comment, though it's easy to slide by on that one when your husband is Jewish, LOL!! He could care less if we get a tree, but not so sure about the stepsons.

luna said...

so many things to write about! all in good time, whenever you're ready.

thanks also for your recent support. much appreciated.

Just Me. said...

ok, i've been wanting to know what's been happening...but write when you feel comfortable, k? but i'm going to do the John Travolta Grease song, TELL ME MORE, TELL ME MORE!!!!

Love ya!
P

Paula Keller said...

Hope your doing well. :)

Just Me. said...

where are you, b? thinking of you!

Anna said...

Just wanted to say hello.
Hope you're doing well.

(I've often wondered how the treatment of your IC went).
I hope it all went well.

Stay Blessed
Anna

Niki said...

Brenda, I'm glad to see you back and can't wait for the upcoming posts! I want to hear it all from adoption meetings to asshole scoping.

Just Me. said...

I know that it is during this time when it's the hardest for all infertiles. I'm thinking of you during this time and really pray and wish you'd find your resolution in 2010..praying really hard with all my heart.

Missing ya.

((((hugs))))
P.

ps Have a blessed X'mas, B.

shocks said...

Brenda, hope you are doing well, thiking about you! Come back and blog when you are ready!