There was a message on our answering machine tonight from the office of my gastroenterologist. Seems that even though I have had my colonoscopy scheduled now since April 23, Dr. S. is for whatever reason not going to be available the day of my procedure and they want to bump me from Friday (05/30) until Monday (06/02). Shouldn't be a big deal except the 2nd is the estimated day that I am also planning to start Lupron injections for IVF#2 suppression. My RE was already a little hesitant about the 2 being so close together. Now I am afraid that he will make us wait another month for IVF.
This stupid colonoscopy already bumped us one month. I am just tired. I'm tired of dealing with doctors. I'm tired of figuring out schedules. I'm tired of the poking and prodding. I'm tired of living like I am always waiting for something. I'm tired of shaving my legs for men who aren't my husband. I'm tired of shitting blood. I'm just so tired of even thinking about this stuff anymore.
**********************************************************************************
Friday 05/22/08 @ 8:39AM
ETA: I just spoke with the G.I.'s office and after a bit of begging and pleading (I have no shame) with the scheduler, she checked to see if Dr. C (the head of the G.I. department and Dr. S's boss) would do the procedure. He agreed to do it on Thursday (05/29). I am so relieved and grateful. Thanks so much for your thoughts and well wishes. It was so comforting to come here this morning and see your kind words.
Game on. Me: 1 Polyp: 0
20 comments:
There are not many people our age who have any conception whatsoever of how LUCKY they are to not be battling medical maladies. I have a good friend with boarderline colitis so I have an idea of what you're dealing with. And you have my sympathy. ((HUGS))
I wish I could snap my fingers and make everything better for you. Hopefully you can start this cycle on time and you can get moving. I hope you have a great holiday weekend regardless of everything else!
Bless your heart. I'm sorry you are having to go through all this! We're here for you.
Have a restful holiday weekend!
So sorry Brenda. I hate when other health issues get in the way of ttc treatment. It is all so stressful and not fair. It was hard but the thing that kept me going was I wanted to be sure nothing would get in the way of positive results. So if results were not good on TTC side of things I would not beat myself up for not waiting. ((hugs))
Oh goody, you get to move up your colonoscopy timing - I guess Christmas WILL come early for you this year! (*roll eyes*)
Sheesh. What a nightmare. Cause you don't have enough on your plate I guess?
I'm so glad the boss GI was willing to step in at least and it sounds like IVF plans are still on track!
HA! Screw you, polyp!
So glad you came out with a win. :)
So glad you got things worked out - I know how frustrating scheduling appiontments can be. Ugh.
Glad to read that you get the colonoscopy early.
Wow - if taken out of context, that statement could be really weird!
Glad things are working out for you!!!
I had a lap, d&c and hysteroscopy on Tues and thought I was gonna die from the pain! And, oh, I do understand about how tiring it is going through the prodding and all! But, I'll be looking out for you and have taken note of your date to do your procedure..will be praying for you!
Thanks so much. You all really are the best.
((Hugs)) Pamela. I had all those procedures done last August and remember how much it all hurt. Let the pain killers be your friend and take it easy long after the doc says is okay. I hope everything went well and you are on your way to healing and making a baby so very soon. (: You're in my thoughts and prayers as you recover.
Poking and proding is no fun. The weird thing is, you kinda get used to it after awhile. I hope everything goes well with your colonoscopy!
I'm so glad you were able to talk them into an earlier date! And that you don't have to worry about possibly pushing back IVF again. I hope the whole procedure is as easy and painless and possible. ((hugs))
Oh -- I'm so glad you were able to get them to reschedule. Waiting when you're ready to start just sucks! Good luck with both the colonoscopy AND the IVF.
Lost... Thanks for your comment on my blog. I just wanted to let you know that I am sending you a HUGE HUG right back, and I will keep everything crossed that this is the IVF for you. Hang in there!! To be honest I still have days when I can't stand the thought or sight of pregnant women... guess it is a hard habit to break!! I am here if you need a shoulder!!
I am so glad you were able to reschedule! I know you are relieved. Best of luck for both.
Good girl. Get that settled and move forward!
Love, E
I'm so glad your doctor's office was able to schedule the colonoscopy earlier rather than later. It feels crummy to have to worry about the timing of IVF and having a day's leeway can only help. When you're TTC very month feels like doomsday, like if you miss it you'll never be pregnant. I totally understand what you mean about being tired of living like you're always waiting for something. It's so stressful. ((HUGS))
I've seen you commenting on lots of other blogs and am so glad I found you! I'm sorry you are having to go through all these medical tests and procedures (as if dealing with IF isn't enough!).
I look forward to following your journey and I hope we can stay in touch.
I am a brand new blogger (I got started just in time for NaComLeavMo), so please stop by and say hello if you get a chance.
http://lupuspie.blogspot.com
Hey there! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! Two things:
1. My paternal grandfather had MS, so I know what a brutal disease it is. I'm so sorry to har about your dad.
2. I also have IC. I've known about it for years and it SUCKS!!! Now that I've gotten my lupus diagnoses, they think the two are related (since they're both autoimmune).
Don't you just love getting those "autimmune genes"? ;)
I love your blog and hope we can stay in touch! :)
Yeah! So glad that Dr. C agreed to do the colonoscopy on the 29th. I'll be thinking about you on Thursday!
Post a Comment