About Me

My photo
On the planet since 1973. Living in sin with M since 1997 and honestly since 2002. Failing at baby-making since 2005. And whining about it here since 2008. Come on in and sit a spell. This train wreck never seems to end.

Monday, February 18, 2008

The little ovaries that could

I think they can. I think they can.............And they did!

We were pretty nervous going into this cycle about how my ovaries would respond to the meds. My highest FSH was 11.1, my current RE said I had very few antral follicles, and my OB/Gyn had noted during my laparoscopy that my ovaries were on the small side.

Needless to say we were thrilled to find 17 follicles in the running today! On the right=14,14,13,13,12,11,10 mm and on the left=15,14,13,13,13,13,12,12,12,11 mm with a lining=10 mm. My E2 was 1622.

The plan is to continue with 300IU Gonal-f and 150IU Menopur tonight and tomorrow night with the addition of a Ganirelix injection starting tomorrow night to prevent premature ovulation. My next scan is on Wednesday morning. We are getting close to egg retrieval and it looks like we will actually have some eggs!

7 comments:

A - said...

Oh my gosh, that is such great news! WOW! Your ovaries have really taken off. I'm so incredibly excited for you!!!

Polly Gamwich said...

17 follies ... that is awesome news ... as you know we are similar in our "ovarian situations" if you will. I have 11.7 FSH and my AFC was as low as 8 one month, and they told me my ovaries are small too (that, and my uterus ... hey, maybe I'M SMALL!! but I'm not bitter) ... so to hear that you've got 17 is AWESOME! Have you ever done an injects cycle? and if so, how many follies did you get on those cycles? (of course wanting to compare to my results - to give me hope for when we do IVF)

So excited for you ... can't wait for ER!!!!

Let It Be said...

Yeah they could!! It's so wonderful how you are responding to the meds. It's a great sign that your E2 is climbing as well. Plus it sounds like you are growing a nice, lush lining for when it's time for transfer. I'm hoping tomorrow brings you more good news.

Lost in Space said...

Thanks, ladies.

Polly, I'm with you on the "small" thing. At 5foot tall and less than a buck, what do they expect? LOL. I did an IUI/injects cycle and had 2 follies. I copied and pasted this from my FF home page.

December 2007:

cd2: baseline ultrasound=normal; estradiol=32, progesterone=0.4, FSH=10.4
cd3-cd4: 75IU Menopur
cd5: 75IU Menopur; estradiol=81
cd6: 75IU Menopur
cd7: 75IU Menopur; estradiol=180, LH=1.7; lining=8; R=10,10; L=11x12, 10
cd8: 50IU Menopur
cd9: 75IU Menopur; estradiol=259, LH=2.3
cd10: 150IU Menopur; 250 Ganirelix; estradiol=381, LH=6.8; P4=0.3; lining=10; R=17x12; L=17x16
cd11: 10000 Novarel trigger at 10:50PM (per RE: 7PM-11PM)
cd13: IUI at 9:45AM
cd15-cd26: 200mg Progesterone Suppositories 3x/day
cd27: BFN

kaaron said...

Those are excellent sizes! And you are not even done stimming yet. I think you are going to have a very POSITIVE outcome!

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

Hi! I surfed onto your blog from another...I would love it if you wouldn't mind my follwing your journy (I'm right in the middle of my first IVF myself). Congrats on all of the wonderful eggies! =)

Lost in Space said...

Thanks so much you guys!!

Hi lala! Welcome and thanks for stopping in! Good luck to you too. I'll have to stop by your blog-world.